Sumary of New proposal for the management of low back pain with a proprioceptive approach:
- Modern understanding on this matter dictates that low back pain, in particular, is caused due to a postural instability resulting from poor “proprioception,”.
- In fact, our trunk and lower legs are key to maintaining postural stability due to the presence of “proprioceptors”.
- Moreover, the studies make no distinction between poor and healthy proprioceptors and do not take into account the fact that each proprioceptor has a natural vibration response frequency..
- They then generated vibration signals using a PC and amplified and output them from the vibrators as mechanical vibratory stimulations..
- Furthermore, they allowed the frequency of stimulation to vary with time, from an initial 20 Hz (cycles/second) up to 300 Hz, to gauge the postural response as a function of the applied frequency….