Sumary of Not available in Canada: A look at COVID-19 vaccine tech from China, India and Cuba:
- And some developed in India, Kazakhstan and Cuba have been in use domestically for their own populations even before completion of Phase 3 trials..
- Vaccines of this kind have been developed by Sinovac (CoronaVac), headquartered in Shanghai China and Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV), in Beijing, China, Bharat Biotech (Covaxin) in Hydrabad, India and The Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems (QazVac) in Zhambyl, Kazakhstan..
- Bharat Biotch released interim Phase 3 results for its Covaxin vaccine in March and April, and the vaccine has been in use in its home country since January, when it was approved for emergency use there..
- Similarly, the Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems rolled out its vaccine QazVac on April 23, about halfway through the completion of its Phase 3 trials..
- None have released final results of their Phase 3 trials, but all results so far surpass the World Health Organization’s minimum of 50 per cent efficacy:.
- People wait to receive Bharat Biotech’s COVAXIN vaccine for COVID-19 at an indoor stadium in Gauhati, India, on April 22..
- Funk said it’s been difficult to get reliable information as the Chinese companies haven’t published their final results..
- While officially these vaccines’ efficacy is lower, they do have an advantage — fewer side effects, especially fever….