Sumary of Novel vaccine safe, effective in ovarian cancer subset:
- A novel vaccine appeared safe and demonstrated clinical benefit as front-line maintenance therapy for women with advanced-stage ovarian cancer, according to results of a phase 2b trial presented during the virtual ASCO Annual Meeting..
- Gemogenovatucel-T (Gradalis Inc.) showed benefit among women with BRCA wild-type and homologous recombination-proficient ovarian cancer..
- “It is well-known that cancer immunology involves transmitting anti-immune signals to undergo an immune escape..
- Gemogenovatucel-T is an autologous tumor DNA immunotherapy derived from patients’ cancer cells at the time of surgery,”.
- Rocconi, MD, chief of the gynecologic oncology service, associate director for clinical research and professor of interdisciplinary clinical oncology at University of South Alabama Mitchell Cancer Institute, said during his presentation..
- This collectively results in production of a cancer neoantigen-specific immune response that is patient-specific, where each vaccine is only good for a specific patient cancer.”.
- For the double-blind, placebo-controlled VITAL trial, researchers enrolled 91 women with newly diagnosed advanced-stage ovarian cancer who had a complete clinical response to front-line surgery and chemotherapy..
- They used the Myriad myChoice CDx (Myriad Genetics) assay to determine women homologous recombination deficiency status, with scores of less than 42 deemed proficient….