Sumary of Orgasms are as effective as medicine at treating a blocked and snotty nose, according to an award-winning study:
- Lead researcher Olcay Cem Bulut, a professor and ear, nose, and throat doctor at the SLK Clinics in Germany, told Insider he developed a hunch based on “self-observation” and recruited some colleagues to learn more.
- They don’t yet know how exactly orgasms unblock the nose, but Bulut told Insider “the combination of sexual arousal, excitement, physical activity, and the climax at the end can possibly help to improve nasal breathing.
- Participants tested their breathing before and after sex Bulut and colleagues recruited eighteen heterosexual couples for the study.
- The couples tested their own nasal function with two methods: a self-rating scale and a device that measures nasal flow.
- With both interventions, the couples tested themselves immediately after, then again 30 minutes, an hour, and three hours later.
- In an interview with The Guardian, Bulut said some of the data may have been compromised post-orgasm – “I think some people couldn’t focus on the device,” he said.