Sumary of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine not troubled by variants so far, says CEO:
- One of the people behind the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine says he has yet to see any evidence that emerging variants of the disease have found a way to defeat it..
- To address the second concern, BioNTech’s team of researchers run tests on the vaccine’s effectiveness against individual variants..
- While Sahin said he is confident his vaccine will deal with existing variants, he said his company is constantly monitoring its effectiveness on new variants “to be on the safe side.”.
- “And therefore, any decision for taking the vaccine should be aligned with the physician based on an analysis of risk-benefit.”.
- As concerns about the risk of blood clots associated with the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine have grown, many have asked whether those who have had a single shot of the AstraZeneca-Oxford product can take the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as their second shot…