Sumary of Proximity to certified stroke care longer for American Indian, uninsured individuals:
- Kansagra reports he received personal fees from iSchemaView, Microvention and Penumbra outside the submitted work..
- Disparities in race, ethnicity, health insurance, income and population density played a role in patient proximity to certified stroke care, researchers reported..
- Adobe Stock “Stroke patients have a much better chance of recovery if they can get to a stroke hospital quickly..
- No noticeable association was detected between representation of Pacific Islander population and distance to a stroke center, according to the researchers..
- “We believe that this work is important and highlights an ongoing need to evaluate developing systems of stroke care through an equity lens…