Sumary of Reflectance confocal microscopy may be most effective at guiding radiation in BCC:
- Reflectance confocal microscopy was more effective than dermoscopy or high-frequency ultrasonography in guiding radiation treatment in a small cohort of patients with basal cell carcinoma, according to a study..
- Cristian Navarrete-Dechent, MD, of the department of dermatology, Escuela de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and colleagues wrote..
- They suggested that RT response may be characterized by a number of noninvasive imaging methods, including dermoscopy, high-frequency ultrasonography (HFUS) and reectance confocal microscopy (RCM)..
- In the study involving 137 imaging assessments from 12 patients, the objective was to describe the impact of RT on the tumor and surrounding skin in basal cell carcinoma (BCC)..
- Results showed that BCC-specific features were observed at baseline in 81.8% of patients who underwent imaging with dermoscopy, 91% of those imaged with RCM and 17% of those imaged with HFUS….