Sumary of Researchers develop nanopowder to help remove toxic metal ions:
- Made of layered sodium titanate, the randomly oriented nanofibers increase the efficacy of cobalt-II (Co2+) ion capture..
- Related Stories Sodium titanate is generally a two-dimensional layered material, but its crystal structure can vary based on the chemical composition and preparation method..
- To effectively capture radioactive and/or heavy metal ions, the morphological control of the sodium titanate is very important..
- Now, researchers from the Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research at Osaka University have developed a new method to create highly efficient sodium titanate filters..
- The researchers found that increasing the hydrothermal synthesis time caused the initially round crystals to become elongated and fibrous, and to form the seaweed-shaped mats consisting of the randomly oriented nanofibers (Fig….