Sumary of Researchers elucidate the mechanisms that facilitate accurate identification of moving images:
- An international collaboration elucidates the mechanisms that facilitate accurate identification of moving images.
- Just look around us: objects, animals, people, all on the move.
- ” Davide Zoccolan, Director of the Visual Neuroscience Laboratory, Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati It has been known for a while that the signals produced by the retina following presentation of visual stimuli reach a set of consecutive processing stages within the visual cortex, arranged according to a finely-tuned hierarchy.
- Related Stories”We used three distinct datasets: one collected by Liviu Soltuzu at SISSA, one collected by Kasper Vinken at KU Leuven in the group led by Hans Op de Beeck and one made freely available by the Allen Institute for Brain Science in Seattle,” said the scientist.
- In SISSA, we created dedicated video clips showing objects moving at different speeds.
- The other datasets were acquired using various kinds of clips, including from films.