Sumary of SA considering options for expanded vaccine rollout:
- South Australian Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier says her team will explore options to expand vaccine eligibility — but there are no plans for any changes yet.
- Bottle shops can remain open during South Australia’s lockdown.
- “Anyone who works in the retail and hospitality sector under 40 can’t get Pfizer and under the ATAGI [Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation] guidelines it’s not recommended for them to get AstraZeneca,” he said.
- We offer tailored front pages for local audiences in each state and territory.
- Read moreMr Taylor pointed out that many of the exposure sites in South Australia during the current outbreak had been retail and hospitality venues such as restaurants, supermarkets and bottle shops.
- During Thursday’s press conference, Professor Spurrier was asked about opening up the vaccination rollout, including for those deemed essential workers during the lockdown.