Sumary of SELECT-PsA 2: Upadacitinib maintains efficacy against PsA at 1 year:
- Upadacitinib in patients with psoriatic arthritis refractory to biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs:.
- Upadacitinib maintains its efficacy over 56 weeks in patients with psoriatic arthritis who had a prior inadequate response to at least one biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drug, according to data presented at the EULAR 2021 Virtual Congress..
- Upadacitinib maintains its efficacy over 56 weeks in patients with psoriatic arthritis who had a prior inadequate response to at least one biologic DMARD, according to data..
- Adobe Stock “Many patients with PsA do not adequately respond to current therapies, highlighting an unmet need for additional treatments that can effectively control disease activity,”.
- During the 24-week, placebo-controlled period of SELECT-PsA 2, [upadacitinib] demonstrated efficacy and acceptable safety in patients who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to at least one biologic DMARD.”.
- In the SELECT-PsA 2 study, Mease and colleagues randomly assigned 641 participants with PsA, who previously demonstrated an inadequate response to at least one biologic DMARD, to blinded treatment with either 15 mg or 30 mg of upadacitinib once daily or a placebo..
- The researchers also summarized treatment-emergent adverse events, defined as those occurring while the participants were receiving upadacitinib or, for those who discontinued, 30 days or less after the last dose..
- According to the researchers, clinical improvements — based on the proportion of patients achieving ACR20/50/70, PASI75/90/100, minimal disease activity and the resolution of dactylitis and enthesitis — were “generally maintained”…