Sumary of Smartphone app collects data on migraine triggers, medications from 600,000 users:
- A big data analysis of 10 million patient self-reported treatment records from a migraine smartphone application..
- Self-reported migraine treatment records collected via a smartphone application provided insights into migraine triggers and medication effectiveness..
- Researchers presented results of a big data analysis at the American Headache Society Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting..
- Researchers presented data on self-reported migraine treatment records collected via a smartphone application at the American Headache Society Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting..
- Adobe Stock “[The Migraine Buddy] is a popular headache and migraine tracking application that can be downloaded and installed to your mobile phone,”.
- Each migraine record contains information about the start and the end time of the migraine, pain intensity, triggers and symptoms, medications the patient has taken and the outcomes of the medication.”.
- Users had an average migraine pain intensity of between five and six, with the average pain lasting approximately 30 hours and the average user experiencing more than 10 migraine attacks..
- Fang and colleagues applied a two-level nested logistic regression model to compare the effectiveness of users’ migraine medications….