Sumary of Strain of COVID Care Has Many Health Professionals Looking for an Exit:
- TUESDAY, April 6, 2021 — After the pandemic, the next great health care challenge in the United States could be retaining highly trained doctors, nurses and scientists, a new study warns..
- She is chair of the department of population health sciences at the University of Utah’s School of Medicine, in Salt Lake City..
- Few have addressed family-work balance issues, including child care needs during the pandemic, the study authors noted..
- According to study author Rebecca Delaney, a postdoctoral research fellow at the university, “We suspect these disturbing trends likely exist within other health care systems nationwide..
- These findings are alarming and a warning sign about the morale and well-being of doctors and nurses, as well as non-clinical health care scientists and staff.”.
- For the study, the researchers surveyed all 27,700 clinical and non-clinical University of Utah Health faculty, staff and trainees in August 2020….