Sumary of 'Survivor' players wear the same underwear for up to 39 days with potentially life-threatening consequences:
- “Survivor” players can wear the same underwear for up to 39 days, which comes with health risks.
- Competitors used to get swimsuits to change into, but the last time they got them was in 2018. Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
- When “Survivor” players compete for a million dollars on national television, they accept the risks involved with living on a remote island with limited food and water.
- Multiple players Insider spoke to said they’d experienced urinary-tract infections while on the island or shortly after they leftFour of the five female “Survivor” players whom Insider spoke to told us they had or contracted urinary-tract infections during their time on “Survivor.
- Late into her season, the “Survivor: Island of the Idols” competitor Karishma Patel said she experienced a “really bad” UTI.
- “It was a constant, 24-hour pain that I couldn’t shake no matter what,” Patel said.
- “Her fellow player Janet Carbin recalled approaching Patel when she saw her doubled over in pain at camp.
- ‘” Patel told Carbin that the on-location medic was giving her antibiotics to help clear her infection.