Sumary of Sustained delivery of pan-VEGF inhibitor may reduce treatment burden in wet AMD:
- Intravitreal sunitinib malate depot (GB-102): Durability and safety in wet age-related macular degeneration (ALTISSIMO, phase 2b).
- Back to Healio NEW ORLEANS — Patients with wet age-related macular degeneration experienced a reduced treatment burden with sustained delivery sunitinib, according to a study presented here.
- The phase 2b ALTISSIMO trial comprised 56 patients who had been diagnosed with wet AMD within 18 months and had at least three prior anti-VEGF injections, including one within the last 21 days.
- Before the study, patients in the GB-102 1 mg group had an average of 10.1 injections per year.
- “That difference is even more stark when you look at patients in the extension study: 10.6 injections per year prior to enrollment and 2.8 injections per year on study,” Sheth said.
- “That’s a 73% reduction in treatment burden for these patients.