Sumary of Teprotumumab may be effective in thyroid eye disease with less inflammation:
- November 15, 2021 1 min read Source/Disclosures Published by: Source: Douglas RS, et al.
- Teprotumumab efficacy in thyroid eye disease (TED) patients with low inflammation as measured by clinical activity score.
- Back to Healio NEW ORLEANS — Teprotumumab may offer comparable proptosis efficacy in patients with thyroid eye disease with low levels of inflammation as seen in patients with higher levels of inflammatory activity, according to a study.
- ” Raymond S. Douglas Douglas and colleagues looked at patients who were enrolled in the placebo arm of the OPTIC randomized controlled trial and had persistent proptosis at the end of study.
- Participants had disease duration of 11.7 ± 2.2 months and baseline proptosis of 22.3 ± 2.9 mm.
- After 24 weeks, 13 patients (86.7%) responded to treatment, showing a mean proptosis reduction of 2.9 ± 1.7 mm.