Sumary of Tesco prices soar as Metro store format scrapped for good:
- The move has so far affected up to 6,000 price changes, according to The Grocer.
- These new costs include the scrapping of the Aldi Price Match offer.
- DON’T MISS: Tesco Metro stores used to offer customers fruit and vegetables, as well as some other products, for the same price as Aldi’s items.
- Yesterday, a customer living in London noted this on social media, saying: “When did @Tesco stop matching @AldiUK prices?
- That’s a 50 percent overnight increase in the price of broccoli.
- ”Tesco explained the Aldi Price Match offer had been removed in Metro stores, and clubcard prices placed on some products instead.
- Meanwhile, Express branches are convenience stores with higher priced items and restricted ranges.