Sumary of Texas Joins States Banning COVID-19 ‘Vaccine Passports’:
- That show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, becoming the latest governor to voice opposition to “vaccine passport”.
- The order prevents state agencies or organizations that receive state funding from mandating someone to receive a vaccine or provide proof of vaccination to receive services..
- “Government should not require any Texan to show proof of vaccination and reveal private health information just to go about their daily lives,”.
- Ron DeSantis signed an executive order that bans government agencies from issuing documentation to certify someone COVID-19 vaccination status and prevents businesses from requiring documentation..
- “I am supporting legislation to prohibit any government-mandated vaccine passports to protect the privacy of Tennesseans’ health information and ensure this vaccine remains a voluntary, personal decision,”.
- Mike Parson similarly voiced his opposition on social media as the Missouri Senate took action on legislation that would ban COVID-19 vaccine passports in the state..
- The CDC already provides a paper card to those who get vaccinated, and private companies are making their own apps or websites for venues, restaurants and businesses…