Sumary of Tom Daley says he had an eating disorder due to weight pressure from his former coach:
- Tom Daley struggled with disordered eating in the run-up to the London 2021 Olympics, he said.
- Tom Daley has spoken out about his history of disordered eating driven by pressure from his former coach.
- The Olympic diver said he used to cut carbs, make himself sick after eating food such as cake, fast for whole days, and get up early to do “fasted cardio” before eating.
- “Daley lost 14 lbs before London 2012The diver, now 27, told The Telegraph’s Mark Bailey he wanted to speak out about his struggles with eating disorders because not many men do.
- “I guess there is that stigma around eating disorders that problems with eating only affect women, and it’s just not the case,” he said.
- The gold medalist lost 14 lbs between December 2011 and July 2012, according to The Telegraph, but the weight loss and disordered eating behaviors left him exhausted.
- After realizing this, he committed to eating more healthily and ultimately won bronze.
- “Daley said he used to train for 2.5 hours after eating only eggs for breakfast, but now knows he needs carbs too.