Sumary of Typical adult needs to ‘let loose’ four times a month – but most can’t remember doing so:
- The top ways people let go and have fun include listening to music, dining out and having a weekend away.
- Doing so leaves people feeling happy (56 percent), refreshed (45 percent) and free (38 percent).
- Butlin’s commissioned the study to highlight its “Live Music Weekends”, where people can have a get together with friends for music, dancing and pool parties.
- Mike Godolphin, entertainment director at Butlin’s, said: “The research shows how impactful escaping the everyday and letting your hair down can be on people’s overall moods.
- And 24 was found to be the peak age for having fun, while 46 percent of those polled admitted they miss feeling young and free.
- But on average, adults have three upcoming plans including going out for food (27 percent), a weekend away (25 percent) and a visit to a bar (18 percent).
- On average, people believe they need four consecutive days off from their everyday routine to feel relaxed and refreshed.