Sumary of United lays out employee rules as vaccine requirement looms:
- After that, the airline said, they will face termination or unpaid leave.
- The airline said that in most cases, employees who refuse to get vaccinated won’t be allowed into the workplace starting Oct.
- Workers who routinely come in contact with passengers, such as flight attendants, gate agents and pilots, and whose exemptions are approved will face indefinite unpaid leave starting Oct.
- Employees who rarely deal with passengers — examples include baggage handlers and mechanics — and whose exemptions are approved will also be put on leave, but only until the airline comes up with a plan for weekly testing and mandatory mask-wearing for them.
- Headquarters employees whose exemptions are approved will be placed on leave until United decides on safety measures, including whether the person needs to come into the office.