Sumary of US adult smoking rate looks unchanged, vaping rate higher:
- Decline in cigarette smoking could be stalling while the adult vaping rate appears to be rising, according to a government report released Thursday..
- About 14% of U.S adults were cigarette smokers last year, the third year in a row the annual survey found that rate..
- But health officials said a change in the methodology make it hard to compare that to the same 14% reported for 2017 and 2018..
- The new figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mean there are more than 34 million adult smokers in the U.S..
- Meanwhile, about 4.5% of adults were counted as current e-cigarette users last year — about 11 million people….