Sumary of Ventilators Transported in Garbage Trucks in India’s Surat City Raises Concern as COVID Cases Rise:
- As several cities in Prime Minister Narendra Modi home state of Gujarat are reportedly facing a shortage of hospital ventilators, images of garbage trucks transporting breathing machines in Surat has gone viral on social media..
- In the wake of the Covid-19 spike in Gujarat, 34 ventilators were transported to hospitals in the Surat district in a garbage truck to mitigate the shortage!.
- pic.twitter.com/9rFeuRP1Vz In a bid to mitigate the shortage of ventilators in Surat, the state government of Gujarat sent 34 ventilators from Valsad to Surat, Indian media reported..
- Sharing pictures of the lorry carrying the machines, netizens criticised the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government and expressed concerns over the state’s readiness to tackle the second wave of the pandemic..
- — 𝗭𝗨𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗟 ज़ुबैर पटेल (@1Patelzuber) April 5, 2021 In spite of this fourth rate level of governance, the @INCGujarat did miserably in recent urban as well as rural local body polls.Deep introspection + revamp needed.Else the BJP is headed for 120+ seats in 2022.#Warning Over the weekend, Rajkot city in Gujarat made the headlines after a community of goldsmiths offered gold nose pins and hand blenders to people to encourage them to get vaccinated…