Sumary of Vietnamese doctors successfully carry out first simultaneous forearm transplant:
- On September 16, the Hanoi-based 108 Military Central Hospital performed a multiple organ transplantation with organs taken from a brain dead donor saving the lives of six different patients..
- The hospital successfully performed a bivalent transplant for a patient diagnosed with primary pulmonary fibrosis;.
- At the same time, the hospital also transplanted two forearms for a patient with amputated forearms on both sides due to an accident..
- In addition, the hospital also coordinated with the National Coordinating Centre for Human Organ Transplantation to collect and transplant a heart for a patient with end-stage dilated myocarditis at the Hanoi-based Viet Duc Friendship Hospital..
- After 24 hours of urgent preparation and during the more than 10 hours of surgery, the Board of Directors of the 108 Hospital provided detailed instruction, whilst mobilising more than 150 doctors, nurses, pharmacists, technicians and other hospital staff together with the close collaboration of the National Lung Hospital to successfully perform the 4th multi-tissue transplant at the hospital..
- featuring the close direction, administration, coordination and implementation of many specialists in the hospital..
- So far, the hospital has successfully performed 14 emergency liver transplants from living donors serving the treatment of acute liver failure..
- In this multi-organ transplant, doctors of the 108 Military Hospital marked a new milestone in Vietnamese medicine as they became the first medical facility in the country and Southeast Asia to successfully transplant two forearms simultaneously for an 18 year old male patient….