Sumary of Vitamin D deficiency: Could your back pain be due to a deficiency to the essential vitamin:
- The researchers found that those with a deficiency were more likely to have back pain, including severe back pain that limited their daily activities..
- The study suggested vitamin D supplementation may improve back pain disability in vitamin D deficient and overweight or obese adults..
- The study found a ‘significantly’ greater reduction in back pain disability scores in the vitamin D group compared with the placebo group..
- “Although treating severe vitamin D deficiency is recommended for optimising bone health, this study suggests it may also improve back pain..
- Risk of four health conditions [TIPS]James Martin ‘wasn’t very well’ after operations [INSIGHT] One study examined the association between vitamin D levels and back pain in more than 9,000 older women…