Sumary of Wausau Health Insurance Broker Sentenced for Scheme to Import & Distribute Misbranded Drugs from India:
- Department of JusticeU.S. Attorney’s OfficeWestern District of Wisconsin FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEFriday, September 10, 2021 MADISON, WIS. – Timothy M.
- O’Shea, Acting United States Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin, announced that Kenneth Zipperer, 54, Wausau, Wisconsin, pleaded guilty today to one count of mail fraud and one count of money laundering.
- After accepting Zipperer’s two guilty pleas, U.S. District Judge William M.
- Conley sentenced Zipperer to 6 months in federal prison, imposed a $150,000 fine, and ordered him to pay $483 in restitution.
- According to the indictment, Zipperer imported foreign-sourced prescription drugs from an internet pharmacy company in India via the U.S. Mail and Express Mail Service, and none of the drugs were approved by the U.S. Food &
- The indictment alleged that Zipperer distributed many of the foreign-sourced prescription medications to his insurance clients in person, primarily at the business office for Zipperer Financial LLC in Wausau.
- Zipperer pleaded guilty to Counts 3 and 21 of the indictment.