Sumary of What NZ case means for travel bubble:
- The Health Minister has responded to a COVID-19 case in New Zealand and its potential impact on the trans-Tasman travel bubble..
- The trans-Tasman travel bubble will not be derailed despite New Zealand suffering a COVID-19 case just days after it was announced, the federal Health Minister says..
- NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern confirmed this week a long-awaited travel bubble would begin on April 19, allowing Australians to travel freely across the Tasman..
- Health Minister Greg Hunt played down those fears on Thursday, describing New Zealand as a “global exemplar”.
- NZ authorities confirmed one case of community transmission on Thursday, a 24-year-old man who worked as a security guard at a hotel quarantine facility in Auckland..
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison said earlier he did not have any advice on the case and did not comment on whether the travel bubble plan would be derailed..
- Ms Ardern warned on Wednesday the agreement would not necessarily guarantee quarantine-free travel for Australians…