Sumary of What those bumps on your vagina could mean — and how to get rid of them:
- Related 5 dermatologist-approved home remedies for acne, including putting crushed-up aspirin and green tea on your face If the acne is severe and recurrent, your doctor may need to prescribe you antibiotics.
- Kimble says you should avoid common topical acne treatments like benzoyl peroxide, which are too harsh for this sensitive area.
- How to treat it: Kimble says you should avoid further hair removal techniques until the area is fully healed.
- 3. FolliculitisFolliculitis is when an ingrown hair becomes trapped and inflamed, says Peace Nwegbo-Banks MD, FACOG, board-certified OB/GYN at Serenity Women’s Health and Med Spa.
- However, treatment options require a doctor’s visit and include:Cryotherapy (freezing the lesions off)Curettage (scraping the lesions off)Laser therapyPrescription topical creamsImportant: Molluscum contagiosum is contagious and can be spread through skin-to-skin contact, sex, or shared clothing.
- If you think you have this condition, avoid touching others.