Sumary of Why Even Vaccinated People Are Getting ‘Breakthrough’ Infections:
- In any case, immune defenses primed by the vaccines should recognize the virus soon after infection and destroy it before significant damage occurs.
- ”There is limited evidence beyond anecdotal reports to indicate whether breakthrough infections with the Delta variant are more common or more likely to fan out to other people.
- has recorded about 5,500 hospitalizations and deaths in vaccinated people, but it is not tracking milder breakthrough infections.
- Sports teams in the group are testing more than 10,000 people at least daily and sequencing all infections, according to Dr. Robby Sikka, a physician who worked with the N.
- Breakthrough infections in the leagues seem to be more common with the Delta variant than with Alpha, the variant first identified in Britain, he said.