Sumary of Worker given wrong vaccine jab:
- Queensland health authorities have confirmed that an aged care worker received the wrong second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine..
- The woman was given a Pfizer dosage for her first jab but received AstraZeneca for the second this week, not realising the error until she was given a pamphlet after the injection..
- The employee of the Ipswich aged care facility, west of Brisbane, was monitored for an hour by healthcare professionals at the clinic before being sent home with an ice pack for a headache, 9 News reported..
- On Friday afternoon, Queensland chief health officer Jeannette Young confirmed the woman had received the wrong dosage..
- The mix-up comes after the Prime Minister on Thursday night revealed new medical advice for the AstraZeneca jab, recommending Australians under 50 not receive the vaccine due to the rare possibility of blood clots..
- Scott Morrison said the guidance was based on advice from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI)…