Sumary of Yoga and breathing exercises can help kids with ADHD be less hyperactive: Study:
- Not just adults—according to this study from Russia, yoga and breathing exercises can help kids with ADHD regulate their behaviour better..
- Over the past few years, the benefits of yoga and breathing exercises for good mental and physical well-being have been highlighted left, right, and centre..
- During a recent study, psychologists at Russia Ural Federal University reached the conclusion that yoga and breathing exercises have a positive effect on children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)..
- We used a special breathing exercise based on the development of diaphragmatic rhythmic deep breathing—belly breathing..
- Such breathing helps to better supply the brain with oxygen and helps the reticular formation to better cope with its role..
- Shutterstock In addition to breathing exercises, psychologists used body-oriented techniques, in particular, exercises with polar states “tension-relaxation”….