Sumary of Yoga and breathing exercises have a positive effect on children with ADHD:
- Yoga and breathing exercises have a positive effect on children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)..
- After special classes, children improve their attention, decrease hyperactivity, they do not get tired longer, they can engage in complex activities longer..
- This leads to the fact that they often experience states of inadequate hyperactivity, increased distraction and exhaustion, and their functions of regulation and control suffer a second time..
- We used a special breathing exercise based on the development of diaphragmatic rhythmic deep breathing – belly breathing..
- Such breathing helps to better supply the brain with oxygen and helps the reticular formation to better cope with its role..
- Sergey Kiselev, head of the Laboratory of Brain and Neurocognitive Development at UrFU, head of the study Related Stories In addition to breathing exercises, psychologists used body-oriented techniques, in particular, exercises with polar states “tension-relaxation”..
- This happens because the child’s correct breathing is automated, it becomes a kind of assistant that allows better supply of oxygen to the brain, which, in turn, has a beneficial effect on the behavior and psyche of a child with ADHD,”…