Sumary of Your stomach may be the secret to fighting obesity:
- Scientists believe a stomach-specific protein plays a major role in the progression of obesity, according to new research in Scientific Reports..
- In the Scientific Reports study, researchers show that inhibiting GKN1 produced significant differences in weight and levels of body fat in comparison to when the protein was expressed..
- “These results are an example of how a better understanding of the gut microbiome and the physiological aspects of obesity — how our bodies regulate metabolism and accumulate body fat — could help inform new therapies.”.
- Data from the Centers for Disease Control show adult obesity rates have increased to 42.4 percent in the United States..
- In addition to increasing an individual’s risk of stroke, diabetes, certain cancers and other health issues, obesity can also increase the risk of severe illness due to COVID-19..
- Boone and his team conducted a microbiome analysis of mouse models with and without the GKN1 protein expressed….