Sumary of Zimbabwe: Kwekwe Lockdown Extended:
- Kwekwe’s intensified localised lockdown, which came into full swing on May 24 has been extended by Government for a further two weeks following a surge in active Covid-19 cases in the city and its surroundings, with the Indian variant B.1.617 being detected in some instances..
- Under the intensified lockdown, Kwekwe has recorded 74 cases in total with 70 cases still active and only three recoveries although there has been just a single death..
- The district under localised lockdown comprises Kwekwe, Redcliff and surrounding areas, with a 7pm to 6am curfew being enforced..
- The extension of the higher level lockdown comes as a total of 27 people, including children and members of staff at Mary Ward Children’s Home in the town have tested positive for Covid-19..
- Announcing the extension of the lockdown after yesterday’s Cabinet meeting, Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services Minister Monica Mutsvangwa said Zimbabwe was not yet out of the woods..
- “The Ministry of Health and Child Care is redistributing existing stocks to ensure availability of the second dose..
- On schools, Minister Mutsvangwa said the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education had banned the use of school premises for holiday lessons during the three-week break….