Sumary of Zimbabwe: Vaccination Drive Charms WHO:
- WHO director-general Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus said the global health body was encouraged by Zimbabwe’s Covid-19 vaccination roll-out programme initiated two-and-a-half months ago..
- He implored the country’s health authorities to further accelerate the programme to reach many people in a shortest possible time..
- Dr Ghebreyesus made the comments on Wednesday during a meeting with Zimbabwe’s Ambassador to the United Nations and other international organisations in Geneva Mr Stuart Comberbach..
- Dr Ghebreyesus highlighted the advantages of a diverse vaccine portfolio and confirmed that WHO had recently issued emergency-use approval for both the Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines, manufactured in China..
- Zimbabwe has surged ahead of all mainland SADC countries in terms of procurement and administration of Covid-19 vaccines with the top-rated national vaccination programme in the region..
- The country is set to take delivery of another 500 000 Sinopharm vaccines from China to boost the national Covid-19 vaccination programme…