Sumary of Zimbabwe: We’re Ready to Back Pharmaceuticals – VP:
- That low threshold was at variance with the country’s industrialisation strategy as espoused by President Mnangagwa and the Government was prepared to back local production by buying the products..
- Consumer Protection Commission chairperson Dr Mthokozisi Nkosi buttressed the VP’s call for local production, saying it best suits consumers..
- “We are very excited at the prospect of increased local production because this has the potential to go a long way in boosting consumer rights and choice,”.
- “When medicals, like any other products are manufactured locally, it becomes easier and faster for us to take consumer misgivings back to the manufacturer and the end game for this is better and more satisfying products for the consumer.”.
- President Mnangagwa had charged her Ministry with moving up the value chains in order to enable accelerated private-sector growth in the National Development Strategy 1 which is the successor to the Transitional Stabilisation Programme, she said….