Sumary of Zimbabwe: Zimplow Defies Covid-19:
- Agriculture and mining implements group Zimplow Holdings Limited’s profitability for the five months to May 30, 2021 grew 90 percent compared to same period in the prior year on improvements in volume across business units..
- said group chairman Godfrey Manhambara responding to questions by journalists on the sidelines of their annual general meeting in Harare yesterday..
- Tractor and implements sales volumes grew by 119 percent and 97 percent respectively against prior year for the same period under review..
- At Mealie Brand, sales volumes grew across its product range with local implements sales registering a 93 percent increase ahead of prior year..
- The export market showed strong signs of recovery with growth on implements and spares recording sales volumes of 137 percent and 186 percent respectively against prior year, following the easing up of lockdown measures..
- According to the group, CT Bolts has continued on a growth trajectory since the interventions and strategies implemented in 2019 resulting in volumes growth of 52 percent against prior year for the same period under review….