Sumary of 2 unvaccinated parents left 7 children behind after dying within hours of each other from COVID-19:
- Charletta and Troy Green, who were unvaccinated, both contracted coronavirus in August.
- A Detroit couple died within eight hours of each other from complications from coronavirus, leaving seven children behind, as reported by People.
- Troy and Charletta Green, both 44, were high school sweethearts, as Troy’s sister, Tiki Green, told Fox 2 Detroit.
- According to People, Troy began displaying coronavirus symptoms in mid-August, and he felt too sick to go on a trip to Florida.
- Charletta got sick and was hospitalized two days after she arrived in Florida, and Troy was hospitalized just one day later in Detroit, per People.
- Tiki told Fox 2 that Troy and Charletta had been thinking about getting vaccinated, but they got sick before they could actually get a shot.
- A medical assistant administers a COVID-19 vaccine dose to a woman at a clinic in Los Angeles on March 25, 2021. Mario Tama/Getty Images Charletta died on Monday in Florida.
- “Her lungs were severely damaged,” Tiki said to Fox 2 of Charletta.