Sumary of AHA News: As the Pandemic Wanes, Get Kids on the Road to Good Health This Summer:
- MONDAY, June 7, 2021 (American Heart Association News) — Nice weather and a receding pandemic should make for a joyous, memorable summer, especially after a year of lockdowns, frustration and discouraging news..
- said Dr. Miriam Vos, a pediatrician and professor at the Emory University School of Medicine and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta..
- “A lot of kids have had less activity and less healthy habits, and summer’s going to be a nice opportunity to change that.”.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says you’re less likely to be infected by the coronavirus outside when fresh air is constantly moving..
- Either because of necessity or compassion, many parents with kids stuck at home pampered them with sugary snacks, bountiful screen time and other unhealthy indulgences..
- The American Academy of Pediatrics warned in December that poor nutrition and decreased physical activity could harm children’s health long-term, while a study published in May in the journal Pediatrics showed an uptick in childhood obesity during the pandemic..
- “That may not be easy, but it’s worth all that effort because it has such important long-term health benefits.”.
- said Dr. Elliot Davidson, medical director of the Cleveland Clinic Akron General Center for Family Medicine in Ohio….