Sumary of An artist reborn; a mother healed:
- In an article titled, “Advantages and Disadvantages of an Only Child,” psychotherapist Caroline Artley told parenting website We Have Kids that while an only child may receive the “undivided love and attention of [their] parents,” parents may end up “put[ting] too much pressure on the child, causing anxiety and low self-esteem.
- “Apparently, at some point, I developed a condition called Paranoid Personality Disorder, and it was the reason why I’d have bouts of severe anxiety, depression and even suicidal tendencies.
- “After John died, one of his doctors at the NCIU came to talk to me and said, ‘You know Mrs. Lim, the reason why John is no longer with us is because his mission is already accomplished.
- “It was for me to use my gifts and my talents, kasi konti lang naman yung binigyan ng ganung ability ni God.
- And whatever the reason – kahit sabihin pa ng iba ‘wala kang makakain diyan, wala kang mararating diyan’ – God knows what’s best for us.