Sumary of Another 5 COVID-19 deaths reported in Manitoba, 183 new cases:
- Manitoba is reporting 183 new COVID-19 cases and five additional deaths linked with the virus.
- The cases reported on the province’s online COVID-19 dashboard Thursday bring Manitoba’s total active case count to 1,537, including 578 confirmed to be variants of concern.
- COVID-19 — Manitoba launches effort to vaccinate kids 5-11 The number of deaths reported on the site climbed five to 1,304. Details of the latest deaths will be reported in the province’s next COVID-19 update, expected Friday.
- Provincial data shows there were 3,882 tests for COVID-19 done Wednesday.
- 2:08 Manitoba’s COVID-19 death toll spikes Manitoba’s COVID-19 death toll spikes Officials say the area of Manitoba with the lowest vaccine uptake — the Southern Health region — saw the largest one-day jump in cases Thursday, with 60 infections reported.
- How to book it and where to go Health data shows 115 of Manitoba’s latest infections are among people who had yet to be vaccinated, four were partially vaccinated and 64 were fully vaccinated.
- 4:35 Lung Association, Manitoba launches post COVID-19 support group Lung Association, Manitoba launches post COVID-19 support group Meanwhile, COVID-19 hospitalization rates dropped significantly Thursday, falling from 153 reported Wednesday to 136 as of Thursday morning.
- Story continues below The number of patients in ICU as a result of COVID-19 rose by two to 24 Thursday.