Sumary of Australia Covid live update: more than half of Australians wake up in lockdown as SA reported to have one new case:
- It looks as though Greg Hunt has declined to go on ABC News Breakfast so now the deputy chief medical officer is bearing the brunt of host Michael Rowland’s robust questioning.
- Rowland: Why on earth are 57% of aged care workers yet to receive a single dose of vaccine, as we head towards the end of July?
- Kidd: As you know, the national cabinet has decided that it would be mandatory for workers in aged care facilities to be vaccinated by the end of September.
- Rowland: Fifty-seven per cent of aged care workers, 1a people, the most vulnerable, given what happened in aged care in Victoria last year, are not vaccinated, with at least one dose now.
- NSW deputy premier John Barilaro told ABC this morning that the vaccination rollout has “let us down”.
- Now deputy chief medical officer Michael Kidd is being pushed to give a response .
- Australia’s deputy chief medical officer Michael Kidd has commended the SA, NSW and Victorian premier’s decision to lock down a large section of their populations to control the spread of the Delta variant.
- From what I can see the SA premier, Steven Marshall confirmed the new case on Adelaide radio station FiveAA (which he is known to do).