Sumary of Austria to mandate COVID-19 vaccination as country enters full lockdown:
- Austria will become the first country in western Europe to reimpose a full COVID-19 lockdown, it said on Friday as neighboring Germany warned it may follow suit, sending shivers through financial markets worried about the economic fallout.
- Here’s why Roughly two-thirds of Austria’s population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, one of the lowest rates in western Europe.
- ” 1:15 Austria imposes lockdowns for people not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 Austria imposes lockdowns for people not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 Asked if Germany could rule out an Austrian-style full lockdown, Spahn said: “We are now in a situation – even if this produces a news alert – where we can’t rule anything out.
- Austria orders COVID-19 lockdown for unvaccinated amid surge in cases Hungary reported 11,289 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, its highest daily tally, and will make booster shots mandatory for all healthcare workers and require mask wearing in most indoor places from Saturday.
- “A total lockdown for Germany would be extremely bad news for the economic recovery,” said Ludovic Colin, a senior portfolio manager at Swiss asset manager Vontobel.
- “It’s exactly what we saw in July, August of this year in parts of the world where the delta (variant) was big, it (COVID-19) came back and it slows down the recovery again,” he added.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Thursday Germany will limit large parts of public life in areas where hospitals are becoming dangerously full of COVID-19 patients to those who have either been vaccinated or have recovered from the illness.
- 1:46 Health Canada set to approve Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for kids 5-11 Health Canada set to approve Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for kids 5-11 Merkel said on Thursday the federal government would consider a request from regions for legislation allowing them to require that care and hospital workers be vaccinated.