Sumary of Biden tells Republicans threatening to sue over vaccine mandate: ‘Have at it’ – live:
- Melody Schreiber reports for the Guardian: As universities and colleges in the United States open for the fall semester, even those institutions requiring masks and vaccinations are grappling with unexpectedly high rates of Covid.
- ‘I’m nervous’: US colleges wrestle with Covid safety as fall semester begins Joe Biden took a couple questions from reporters after concluding his prepared remarks at Brookland Middle School in Washington.
- A reporter asked the president how he responds to Republican governors who have threatened to file lawsuits over his new vaccination policies, including his plan to order employers with 100 or more workers to establish vaccine mandates or require regular coronavirus testing.
- MSNBC (@MSNBC) “I am so disappointed that, particularly some of the Republican governors, have been so cavalier with the health of these kids, so cavalier with the health of their communities.
- We’re playing for real here, this isn’t a game,” President Biden says.
- com/EW7LfGtyJa September 10, 2021 “I am so disappointed that, particularly some Republican governors, have been so cavalier with the health of these kids, so cavalier with the health of their communities,” the president added.
- ” Several Republican governors and the Republican National Committee have indicated they will file lawsuits to prevent Biden’s policies from going into effect, arguing that his plan is an overreach of federal authority.
- Joe Biden offered reassurance to parents who are nervous that their children’s schools will be repeatedly closed because of the spread of coronavirus.