Sumary of Boarding school is a ‘natural’ choice for Queen Letizia but Kate set to ‘break tradition’:
- UWC Atlantic College is a school that specializes in extra-curricular activities, from Tai Chi to rock climbing, as well as offering its students the opportunity to meet young people from all over the world.
- Situated in a 12th century medieval castle with fees typically costing over £30,000 a year, many aristocratic and royal families have sent their children to the school over the years.
- Princess Elizabeth is a recent graduate and alumni include Dutch King Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Raiyah of Jordan.
- This year, Princess Leonor is joined by King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands’ middle daughter, Princess Alexia, at the school.
- Parenting expert at Kiddies Kingdom, Jumaimah Hussain, explained why sending their daughter to boarding school was a “natural choice” for Letizia and Felipe.
- She said: “Boarding schools have a history of providing excellent teaching and offering an all-round approach to learning, which will be desirable for royal parents wanting their children to experience some of the best education available.
- “Sending their children to boarding school also allows them to keep out of the public eye, giving royal children more privacy from press and paparazzi.
- “It’s long been thought that Kate and William would want to give their children as normal a life as possible, so sending them to boarding school doesn’t seem like an option they would consider currently.