Sumary of Caring COVID-19 nurse changed everything:
- That’s what Susan Fox discovered when she called the Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Nurse Line.
- Written by Susan Fox I’m a 68-year-old woman in Wisconsin and have been a patient with Mayo Clinic for many years.
- Despite extreme caution, my husband and I both contracted COVID-19 last November.
- I was becoming convinced that I had long-haul COVID-19 or maybe even an adult version of the multisystem inflammatory syndrome affecting children.
- I took the symptom check online and the advice was to call the COVID-19 line, which I could see was a Minnesota number.
- Nurse Kimberly Ewing patiently listened to me and was so kind and caring.
- She not only arranged for my COVID-19 test, but she also advised me to see a health care provider.
- She got me in to my own clinic the same day and stayed on the phone to personally connect me with someone there.