Sumary of Child COVID-19 cases tick up with weekly infections increasing by 13%:
- That figure is a 13 percent increase from the 107,000 cases recorded the previous week and a 22 percent increase over the past two weeks.
- America as a whole is experiencing a slight increase in COVID-19 infections ahead of the holiday season, and some experts believe cold weather could be fueling the increase.
- Cases have begun to rise once again in recent days, though, as the pandemic is trending in the wrong direction ahead of the holiday season – just as it was around this time last year.
- According to the AAP, new cases in the southern region remained steady, with more than 20,000 recorded.
- All of the other four categorical regions recorded increases in cases last week.
- Cases in the south (green) remained steady last week, the only of the four regions to not report an increase in cases.
- The 42,000 new cases in the Midwest (purple) were the most of any regionThe Midwest accounts for the most cases, recording around 42,000 during the week, an increase from around 35,000 a week earlier.
- Cases in the West also slightly increased to just over 35,000.Throughout the pandemic, the Northeast region has avoided the brunt of the virus.