Sumary of Coronavirus Alert: Biden Addresses Nation on Path Forward, WHO Calls for Pause on Boosters, Fauci Says Infection Rate Is 10 Times Too High, Jobless Claims Hit New Low:
- However, there is an urgent need to collect more data on longer-term impacts of the pandemic on children, including ways the virus may harm the long-term physical health of infected children, as well as its emotional and mental health effects.
- Jesse Jackson and wife have been released from hospital after COVID-19 treatment.
- Civil rights leader and former presidential candidate Reverend Jesse Jackson and his wife, Jacqueline, have been released from a Chicago hospital after being admitted with COVID-19 on August 22, according to Essence magazine.
- Both Jesse, age 79, and Jacqueline, age 77, had received their vaccines earlier this year.
- Jesse Jackson has been urging others in the Black American community to get their inoculation.