Sumary of Coronavirus vaccine frontrunner Pfizer delivers key trial data – here’s where the other vaccines stand:
- On Monday, Pfizer announced positive early results from its late-stage vaccine trial, saying its vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among volunteers who had no evidence of prior infection..
- Pfizer and Moderna are slightly ahead of the other three companies and are seen as the likely companies to get the first approvals..
- Moderna announced last month that it had completed enrollment in its 30,000-person late-stage trial, and Pfizer is already delivering key results in its trial..
- Pfizer A health worker holds blood samples during clinical trials for a Covid-19 vaccine at Research Centers of America in Hollywood, Florida, on Wednesday, Sept..
- Phase three trial Pfizer announced Monday that its coronavirus vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among those without evidence of prior infection..
- Investors were expecting to see the data in October, but Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla told CNBC last month that it was unlikely the company would have results ready before the U.S..
- Bourla said Monday the company is on track to produce up to 50 million vaccine doses in 2020, and up to 1.3 billion doses in 2021….