Sumary of Covid live: case rates rise in 92% of UK’s local areas; Greece introduces fines for issuing fake vaccination certificates:
- Students aged 12 and over in the Los Angeles public school system soon will need to be fully vaccinated to attend classes in-person.
- Unless they have a medical or other exemption, those without proof of vaccination won’t be allowed to have in-person learning following the end of winter break on 11 January .
- “This action is not about violating anybody’s rights,” school board member Monica Garcia said.
- “This action is about doing our job to be able to offer public schools that children can come to school and be safe.
- The highest rates are all in Scotland, where schools have been open since mid-August.
- Israel’s Magen David Adom medical service told the Jerusalem Post that up to 14% of those returning had tested positive for Covid.
- The Associated Press reports that Thanos Plevris, the health minister, said that parliament approved fines of 5,000 euros for each bogus vaccination, recovery, or test certificate issued.
- People planning to commit these acts should know that they will be fired, they may face criminal prosecution, and they will have to pay a lot of money,” Plevris told state ERT TV.